[Matplotlib-users] Query about streamplot

vincent.adrien at gmail.com vincent.adrien at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 10:22:04 EDT 2019

Kumar,

As far as I understand it, it looks like your issue may be due to X (and
possibly Y) being 2d-array. If V and Omega are arrays with shape **(Ny,
Nx)**, then X and Y should be **1d-arrays** with Nx and Ny elements
respectively. For simplicity sake (I guess), there is actually a special
(not very well documented) case if X and Y are 2d-arrays :
- each row of X has to be the same;
- each column in Y has to be same.

The error that you saw suggest that the rows in your array X differ from
one another.

Adrien