[Matplotlib-users] animating scatter points (from files)

Heiland, Randy heiland at iu.edu
Tue Jan 2 14:21:58 EST 2018

Hello,

I have a use case of wanting to “animate” scatter points whose coordinates are being written to files (per time step). So, basically, I’d like to be able to loop over reading the files in a directory, parse them to extract coords, and smoothly plot the points in a window. The number of points will change per time step. Suggestions? Do I want to use the FuncAnimation method or something else?

thanks!
Randy