[Matplotlib-users] Zooming in on Image data plotted using matplotlib

Benjamin Root ben.v.root at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 22:17:51 EDT 2018

You can't get that feature out-of-the-box, but it is possible to construct
such a feature with some work. You can create callbacks functions that take
x/y coordinates to create a new figure window with remade imshow()'s. You
might want to consider picking up a copy of my book, "Interactive
Applications using Matplotlib", particularly focusing on chapter 2 on the
callback system.

I hope that helps!
Ben Root