[Matplotlib-users] Saving interactive plot

vincent.adrien at gmail.com vincent.adrien at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 16:20:03 EDT 2017

Hi,

I am not sure that I understand the question. If by interactive you mean
in a interactive session, then the following in your shell should do
what you want:

```python
plt.savefig("my_figure.png", dpi=300)  # save a PNG of the last active
figure with 300 DPI

fig.savefig("my_figure.png", dpi=300)  # does as above but one
explicitely specifies the figure to save
```
Yet another option is to directly use the “Save” button (pictured as a
stylised floppy drive) in the figure window.

Best,
Adrien