[Matplotlib-users] python connect points between different 3d plots

Benjamin Root ben.v.root at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 12:08:40 EST 2017

Unfortunately, that is not really possible at this moment. The 3d plots do
not integrate into the transform system properly, so artists such as
ConnectionPatch that depend heavily on the transforms framework to
accomplish their job won't work all that well. That's not to say that you
couldn't use the artists, but you'll have to compute all of the projected
coordinates yourself, and if the user interacted with the plot, then the
connection points would have to be recomputed.

Ben Root