[Matplotlib-users] Need help to solve performance problems

Benjamin Root ben.v.root at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 11:22:35 EST 2016

Sounds like you are describing the need for blitting, which most of the
backends support in one way or another. The blitting pathways were designed
with animations in mind, but I don't see why it couldn't be hijacked for
your use as well. Note, you will have to do manual calls to
copy_from_bbox() and such, but it should be doable.

Ben Root