[Matplotlib-users] Problem with "set_array" function

eadsjr jeads442 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 02:40:32 EST 2016

On further research, I have found a variety of issues with using
matplotlib.pyplot.pause(0), and can't recommend it for this purpose.
matplotlib.pyplot.show() appears to perform the desired function and does
not have as many side effects.

To elaborate, I found that I was leaking memory, probably in 'paused
sessions', for every additional plot displayed that way. This also increased
the stack depth until it hit the python limit and crashed the program.
matplotlib.pyplot.draw() has neither of these issues.