[Matplotlib-users] rotated axes within figure.

Gustavo Goretkin gustavo.goretkin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 15:12:58 EST 2016

Hello,

(sorry if you get this message twice. I originally posted to the old
sourceforge list)

How can I add an axes to a figure, but specify the transform from axes
coordinates to figure coordinates? I want a set of axes (ticks, spines,
data, everything) that are rotated?

Figure.add_axes [1] accepts a box left-bottom-width-height axis aligned box
specification. I can't follow in the code where a transform is made out of
that, but I basically want a generic transform. Do tick labels, ticks,
titles, etc. assume that the axes-to-figure transform is purely a
translation?

[1]
https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/blob/e12d103a11cd08adbed348547bdb8182e414e0bb/lib/matplotlib/figure.py#L840

Thanks,