[Matplotlib-devel] QtQuick backend development

Jovan Mitrevski j.p.mitrevski at gmail.com
Sun May 3 14:51:17 EDT 2020

Hi,

For a project I am working on I created an updated QtQuick backend,
originally starting from the old matplotlib_qtquick_playground. The
current version largely consists of:

https://github.com/jmitrevs/matplotlib/blob/qtquick5/lib/matplotlib/backends/backend_qtquick.py

https://github.com/jmitrevs/matplotlib/blob/qtquick5/lib/matplotlib/backends/backend_qtquickagg.py

and some minor changes, for example in qt_compat.py and such. At the
moment it doesn't work as a backend you can select and have a window
open, since I only use it from inside a QtQuick-based application.

Is there interest in me trying to get this in shape for inclusion in
matplotlib, or should I continue keeping it separate for my own use only?

Jovan