[Matplotlib-devel] How's progress with 1.5.2?

Matthias Bussonnier bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 19:04:51 EDT 2016

We're pushing IPython 5.0.1 / 5.1[1] forward as well with a couple of
bug fixes too,
plus we should have some fixes in ipykernel as well that should
prevent a few of the eventloop issues.

One of the questions we haven't addressed (not even sure if we opened
an issue for that) was whether to
insert an importhook in IPython that would print a warning for known
version of IPython/matplotlib[2] that have issues.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

[1] Not sure which version number yet, likely 5.1
[2] as well as one that prevent to use Jet. -- just kidding --

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 3:06 PM, Eric Firing <efiring at hawaii.edu> wrote:
> On 2016/07/25 9:55 AM, Matthew Brett wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 5:11 PM, Benjamin Root <ben.v.root at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> we tagged v1.5.2.... but then a verbal bug report came in during the
>>> SciPy
>>> conference. We are trying to decide if we will tag a v1.5.3 or just retag