[Matplotlib-devel] supported python versions

Jouni K. Seppänen jks at iki.fi
Tue Sep 15 06:42:03 CEST 2015

Thomas Caswell <tcaswell at gmail.com> writes:

> I would like to propose the following for which version of python mpl
> officially supports:
>
>  - for v1.5 we continue to support 2.6, 2.7, 3.3-3.5
>  - for v2.0 forward we support (2.7, 3.4, 3.5)

I agree. I think for a long time the matplotlib policy was to support
the two latest Python releases, although of course there was no
deliberate effort to break earlier Pythons. Python 2 is of course a
special case, but since Python 2.7 came out in 2010, I think dropping
support for Python 2.6 should be fine in 2015.

--
Jouni K. Seppänen
http://www.iki.fi/jks