[Mailman] HELP - expired list

Pam Woolridge pwoolridge at canadians.org
Thu Jan 27 17:14:32 CET 2011

Hello, I have exhausted every option in trying to fully delete an
expired mailman list and wondering if you have any advice?

Basically, a chapter of our organization ran a website independent from
ours from March 2005- December 2006. They deleted the site but did not
delete the mailman listserver database so it still sends a monthly
subscription reminder to the former subscribers. Unfortunately, one
person in particular is quite annoyed and contacts us each month to get
her off the list. Because this was done independently of our
organization, we don't know from where it originated. I've been trying
to track it down and have called everyone from Bell to small web hosting
companies across the region.

This is the old website/mailman location:

ttawa.org

Any advice you can provide will be very much appreciated.

Best,
Pam

Pamela Woolridge
The Council of Canadians, Communications Officer (Web)
700-170 Laurier Ave. W, Ottawa, ON K1P 5V5
Tel.: 613-233-4487, ext. 252; 1-800-387-7177

www.canadians.org <http://www.canadians.org/>