[Mailman-Users] Achiving not working, no .mbox file is being created

Bruce Johnson johnson at Pharmacy.Arizona.EDU
Thu Dec 5 13:03:05 EST 2019

We’re running v 2.1.12 under CentOS 6. Lists have been running fine for years, but recently a list owner wanted to start archiving the list messages. He turned on archiving,  made them private, set the frequency ,, but nothing is being archived.

I’ve reproduced the issue for a test list; the archive directories are created, but no .mbox file is being created when messages are sent.

I’ve run check-perm -f to fix any permissions issues, but that did not fix it.

we’re sending email via postfix set up to relay to our actual SMTP server.

There are no errors associated with ArchRunner in the error or qrunner logs, and no errors associated with the unarchived posts in any of the logs. I don’t see anything in the system logs either.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona