[Mailman-Users] Privacy Filter Unusual Behavior

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jan 3 12:47:32 EST 2018

On 01/03/2018 06:57 AM, Chris PUCHALSKI wrote:
> It seems to happen in every case across a few lists tested.

OK.

> In this particular list I am testing with there is just a single member, but I can add more to prove it impacts all if needed. We don't use archives, I was forced to break that feature some time back. Digests also not used. Basically we made an attempt to not retain any data after a message is delivered to members.

One member should be enough.

> There is a reference to the message in post log and it does have the same message ID.

OK. My understanding is a non-member posts to the list. The non-member
gets a rejection notice. The vette log has an entry like "Message
rejected, msgid: <message-id> ...". The message is also sent to the list
member(s). The post log has an entry like "post to <listname> from
<address>, size=..., message-id=<message-id>, success".

<listname> is the list in question; <address> is the non-member address
and the <message-id> in the vette log and post log are the same.

Is all this correct?

What Mailman version is this? If not installed from source, what
package? Any local modifications?