[Mailman-Users] change links in mail footer to https

Brian Carpenter brian at emwd.com
Sun Dec 10 15:19:34 EST 2017

Well let's not give all hosting providers a black eye. We run all kinds of admin tasks on behalf of our mailman clients. As for using SSL, it is time consuming moving a large number of lists on various domains to use SSL. We run our mailman lists on cPanel servers with the default http setup. Since there is a growing demand for SSL connections we are moving our clients to use SSL. We already offer free SSL certificates so this move fits quite well with that.

The problem with shell access and mailman, is that mailman server changes requires root access and what ever changes are made to the mailman server itself impacts all mailing lists. So those of you who use mailman on a shared hosting environment should never be given shell access to mailman.

I do not agree that mailman users need or require shell access. What is being asked here in regards to SSL is at this moment a preference not a need. Perhaps the developers of the MM 2.1 branch can add some additional functionality to the mailman list admin interface to turn on or off SSL connections. I know you can do this with WordPress quite easily. Another path is make a feature request with cPanel, Inc. to add some sort of function to add SSL functionality to Mailman lists.

Brian Carpenter
Owner

Providing Cloud and Mailman Services and more for over 15 years.

E: brian at emwd.com
www.emwd.com