[Mailman-Users] Restore a single mail from a data backup

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Apr 26 10:36:57 EDT 2017

On 04/25/2017 10:01 PM, Rumesh Bandara wrote:
> I accidentally discarded a message from the mailing list. Fortunately, I
> have the mailman data backup. Is there a way to restore a single mail from
> the backup?

The message was in a file named heldmsg-LISTNAME-nnn.pck in Mailman's
data/ directory. Restore that file. You can restore it anywhere, it
doesn't have to be in the data/ directory. Then see the script at
<https://www.msapiro.net/scripts/hold_again> (mirrored at
<https://fog.ccsf.edu/~msapiro/scripts/hold_again>) for the way to
process it.