[Mailman-Users] postfix to mailman: User doesn't exist/relay access denied

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Feb 9 14:30:34 EST 2016

walter at ifkuk.org writes:
 > dovecot/postfix/mailman
 >
 > when I try to send from an internal emailaddress (managed by the
 > serveritself) I get an "User doesn't exist" error
 > if I send an email from an external service like gmail, I get "relay
 > access denied".

I don't use Postfix, so this is just a guess, but it looks to me like
Postfix thinks that lists.ifkuk.org is an independent domain.  Maybe
try putting it in mydestinations?  (I don't think just having it in
postfix-style-virtual-domains is enough?)

The other thing that caught my eye is that there seems to be a lot of
security oriented configuration.  It's very easy to be so "secure"
that even the owner can't get in.