[Mailman-Users] Time needed to deliver list messages

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Thu Dec 1 12:40:26 EST 2016

On 11/30/2016 12:22 PM, Christian F Buser via Mailman-Users wrote:
> their response was "this is normal - there is nothing they can do about it", he said.

Once the email is handed off to the MTA, this -is- normal. Email delivery is
almost never immediate; some lists I'm on take hours to deliver to everyone;
depends on the server load and any extra processing at both ends.

(On one specific list I read at two mailboxes, a message will appear in the
first within a minute of sending but will take ten minutes to appear in the
other.)

Later,

z!