[Mailman-Users] Regexp for blocking addresses

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Sep 24 21:05:17 CEST 2015

On 9/24/15 1:47 PM, Matthew Saltzman wrote:

>      1. Could someone show me the right syntax to catch all embedded
>         dots in the part before the '+'?

^.*\..*\+.*@

for any domain or

^.*\..*\+.*@gmail.com$

for only gmail.com.

>      2. Is there a way to script removing all my experimentation from
>         the ban lists on multiple mailing lists?  Things are looking
>         pretty cluttered by now on the privacy admin pages.

See the withlist script at
<https://www.msapiro.net/scripts/add_banned.py>. In that script, replace
the line

    mlist.ban_list.append(address)

with

    mlist.ban_list = []

For that script, you would still need to supply an 'address_to_ban'
argument even though it's ignored. You could make an even simpler
withlist script along the lines of

def init_ban_list(mlist):
    if not mlist.Locked():
        mlist.Lock()