[Mailman-Users] upgrading mailman

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue May 5 19:22:40 CEST 2015

On 05/04/2015 05:48 AM, Mark wrote:
> Hi my linode needs upgrading and  i have been told if i upgrade it  will break my mailman does any one know if this right

It probably depends on exactly how you installed Mailman (package,
source, ??) and if you have any patches to your Mailman.

If you do everything as recommended, i.e. never change Defaults.py but
make your changes in mm_cfg.py; don't edit templates but create
site/domain/list specific versions via the web admin UI or as described
in the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/4030605>, an upgrade shouldn't
break Mailman, but you also need to be aware of what an upgrade might do
to the Mailman related things in the web server and MTA.

Backup!!!