[Mailman-Users] accessing relay mailman server from its own network

Anne Wainwright anotheranne at fables.co.za
Thu May 1 20:31:32 CEST 2014

Hello, Mark,

A year has gone by and the system has run well. This was with the ip
address set for users on the network in the 'hosts' file and with the
'absolute=1' setting in admindb.py

Recently I changed my dns provider (from dyndns to activedns) and was
back reviewing what had happened here because I was again having the
same issues. obviously I had not handled it correctly

In the end I changed the code in admindb.py from absolute to relative
(deleted all instances of 'absolute=1', changed 'hosts' file to show the
activedns address  .... but

I still have dyndns addresses showing on the numeric/alpha address
listing both locally and from outside

I have changed DEFAULT_URL_HOST in mm_cfg.py appropriately, cleared the
browser caches. Where can this be dyndns be hiding, or is it time to run
the fix_url script?

regards
Anne