[Mailman-Users] Problems seeing Archive, after setting to private, then back

Jake Overton jakeoverton at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 08:03:49 CEST 2013

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for having a make a new posting.  I have searched the archives, etc
and not been able to find a previous posting about this problem.

Here is my problem:
I turned the archive_private option to private (thinking that this meant
that it is private from the internet)
Now when I turn it back to public and go to the "Go to list archives" link
on the admin page, I get directed to this address

http://website.org/pipermail/Listname_website.org/
and get a Page not found message

If I turn it to private and login using members email that gets emailed in
cleartext, then I can see my posts.
This is a mailing list for the exec committee of an organization, so we
want it to be private, but have an archive of our posts and correspondence.

I just want to go back to being able to see the archives with postings from
everyone.

As you can tell, I am not an experienced mailing list admin, but have
successfully administered mailing lists for a website for a number of years.

cPanel Version 11.38.2 (build 7)
the website is running Drupal
I don't have root access.

Thanks very much,