[Mailman-Users] Mailman Installation

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Oct 3 15:52:58 CEST 2013

On 10/03/2013 03:40 AM, kibirango moses wrote:
> Hullo users;
> I have installed mailman on slackware 14.0 and using apache 2.4.6.
> I am having problems with the cgi files on typing the url
> <ipaddress>/mailman/admin, it instead just downloads admin . i.e the
> cgis' dont bring up the related webpages

This is a web server question. You need to tell your web server to
execute files in Mailman's cgi-bin directory, not to serve them or files
in Mailman/Cgi.

What web server are you using?

In apache you need things like

ScriptAlias /mailman/       /path/to/mailman/cgi-bin/

and possibly

LoadModule cgi_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_cgi.so

<Directory "/path/to/mailman/cgi-bin/">
    Options ExecCGI
</Directory>