[Mailman-Users] strange problem

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Mar 14 18:46:10 CET 2013

On 3/14/2013 10:17 AM, Bruce Harrison wrote:
> I'm still suspecting the autocomplete in Outlook, but we can't make it repeat.

If you want to see what arrives to Mailman, you can do the following:

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/l4A9> on custom handlers.

Code the following custom handler and save it as
Mailman/Handlers/MyHandler.py.

cut here---------------------------------------------------------------
from Mailman.Logging.Syslog import syslog

def process(mlist, msg, msgdata):
    if msg.get('cc'):
        syslog('debug', 'Message to %s has Cc: %s',
                mlist.internal_name,
                msg['cc']
               )

Put this handler first in the pipeline by putting

GLOBAL_PIPELINE.insert(0, 'MyHandler')

in mm_cfg.py and restart Mailman.

This will log all incoming Cc: headers in Mailman's logs/debug log. When
you've seen enough, you can remove

GLOBAL_PIPELINE.insert(0, 'MyHandler')

from mm_cfg.py and restart Mailman.

You could also ask those people whose good addresses are in Cc: what the
headers look like in the message they received.