[Mailman-Users] nntp -> dovecot POP3

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Aug 27 21:33:30 CEST 2012

Thufir wrote:

>I've seen mention that mailman can be used between nntp and e-mail.
>What I'm looking for is to send nntp messages to e-mail, just one way.
>I don't need a full gateway such as gmane, just one way is sufficient.
>
>Currently I'm using dovecot-postfix in Ubuntu with leafnode
>(http://leafnode.sourceforge.net/ )as the nntp server.  What would be
>involved in directing mailman at leafnode, on localhost, to e-mail a
>particular newsgroup?

Install Mailman, create a list whose members are the addresses you want
to email newsgroup posts to and for that list set:

nntp_host -> your news server (localhost?)

linked_newsgroup -> the name of the newsgroup to gateway from

gateway_to_news - > No

gateway_to_mail -> Yes

and make sure cron is running Mailman's cron/gate_news.