[Mailman-Users] Anonymous emails with the sender information

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Jun 12 07:37:28 CEST 2011

Nigel Woodley wrote:

>Is there a way to use the anonymous emails feature but retain the sender
>information in the name and reply to fields ?

No. The anonymous list feature is designed to remove all information
that could identify the sender.

>To get around spam protection systems I want all emails to come from the
>list email address but that list members reply to the poster.

All list posts are sent with the envelope from and the Sender: header
equal to the LISTNAME-bounces at ... address. I'm sure it depends on the
spam filter, but whitelisting this address may work.

If you need to modify the From: header and perhaps put the original
From: in a Reply-To:, you can do that with a custom handler. See
<http://wiki.list.org/x/l4A9>.