[Mailman-Users] Questions on subscription page.

Daniel Maher dma+mailman at witbe.net
Tue Sep 14 12:14:41 CEST 2010

On 09/14/2010 09:59 AM, JRC Groups wrote:

> I would like to implement my own web page as part of a website I am
> designing so those interested can subscribe from this page or in case this
> isn't possible be redirected to another page external to my website where
> they can subscribe.
>
> Do you have any suggestions, instructions and sample designs on how to
> implement this subscription page that I can use for reference ?

Mailman has a web interface for handling subscriptions.

> My idea is to establish discussion lists that will be semi-moderated and to
> allow those interested to subscribe automatically so that the process
> doesn't require my approval. Most lists I have joined in the past have
> always made the subscription process dependent on the confirmation of an
> e-mail reply from the e-mail address the subscriber provides at the time of
> subscription. Is this the way Mailman handles the subscription of new
> members ? How exactly is this configured ?

Mailman can be configured in the way you desire.  I would strongly
suggest reading through the documentation on the Mailman website, and
installing Mailman locally in order to start working with the interface
and learning about the various ways in which lists can be configured -
this is the best way to understand the platform, its features, and its
limitations.

http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/docs.html
http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/download.html

--
Daniel Maher <dma PLUS mailman AT witbe DOT net>
"The Internet is completely over." -- Prince