[Mailman-Users] Mailman, Postfix and Google Apps

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jun 29 00:17:28 CEST 2010

Ivan Van Laningham wrote:

>Yup.  I'm looking at the expanded version of this thread, and the message
>before your reply and after Terri Oda's is mine.  It appears as "Ivan Van
>Laningham to mailman-users", with my name in yellow (arbitrary color: yours
>is red, Terri's is purple, Cameron's is green).
>
>Now, gmail may, behind the scenes, insert a link to the sent folder, but
>from a user's perspective it looks exactly like any other message in the
>thread, except that to the left of my name is a very small (i.e., 8x8
>pixels) light grey round icon with a white x in it.  I don't want to push it
>in case it tells gmail "Delete the entire thread this is associated with."

And when you look at one of the (now two) posts from you in that
thread, do you see the mailman-users list footer that you see if you
look at Terri's post? These would be there if the message you are
seeing came from the list, but I suspect they are not and the messages
you see are actually those in your Sent folder.

This is not important for many purposes, but it does mean that you
can't actually tell if you received a copy of your post from the list.