[Mailman-Users] Including sender's email address in footer of email

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jun 10 18:19:50 CEST 2010

herbmankr-mailman at yahoo.co.uk wrote:

>I'd like to try to set up the footer of the list I manage so that people can click a link if they want to reply to the sender only, rather than the whole list. Is there a way to do this? I read somewhere something about switching on personalisation, which I have done, but I've not got any further than that.

The msg_footer is either appended to a text/plain message body or added
as a separate text/plain part. Thus, it cannot contain HTML links.
Also, there is no standard replacement for the footer for the poster's
address, although if you have sufficient access to the underlying
Mailman installation, there are ways to add one.

Note that if you just set General Options -> reply_goes_to_list to
'Poster', a simple mail client 'reply' will go to the poster only.