[Mailman-Users] Feature request: Emergency Broadcast

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Nov 23 16:56:37 CET 2009

Gadi Evron wrote:

>Actually, I spoke of a possible _announcement_ feature, not an emergency
>feature.

I see two requests in this thread. The original appeared to be a
request for a way to send a regular post to a list via the admin web
interface, which would be useful in cases where for whatever reason,
the list was working but email delivery to the list was not.

The second request, which might also satisfy the first if it were
implemented as a web service, seems to be for a way to send a message
right now to all members of a list (or all lists?) regardless of
digest and nomail settings.

For reasons already mentioned by Stephen and others, I don't think the
first is useful enough to justify, but the second is something we can
consider for MM3.