[Mailman-Users] Displaying Entire Membership List

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun May 31 23:15:15 CEST 2009

LuKreme wrote:

>I have a list with 32 users and I get this (annoying) display instead
>of just a list of users. As far as I could tell, there is no default
>value for this, and if it is unset, even one users causes this display.

What does the above mean?

>I have
>
>mm_cfg.py:ADMIN_MEMBER_CHUNKSIZE = 100

As you notice, this does nothing.

>mm_cfg.py:DEFAULT_ADMIN_MEMBER_CHUNKSIZE = 100
>
>(The first value did nothing so I tried the second as well)

The second sets the default value for the admin_member_chunksize
attribute of a newly created list.

>But am still getting the initial letter display in the membership
>screen "33 members total, 1 shown".
>
>Is there some way to disable this completely?  I want a display that
>shows the first 50 users (or 25, or 100, or whatever I set) on the
>first screen, then the next chunk on the next screen, &c. This initial
>letter thing is wretched.

Recent versions of Mailman allow you to set admin_member_chunksize on
the list's General Options page. If your Mailman doesn't support this,
you need to use bin/withlist or bin/config_list to set it. E.g.,

#!/bin/sh
f=`mktemp`
echo "admin_member_chunksize = 5000" > $f
bin/config_list -i $f LISTNAME
rm $f

(don't try to set it to 0, it will break the Membership List page).