[Mailman-Users] Incoming mail No

Tim Ferguson Tlf1 at ccs135.com
Wed Mar 18 19:24:42 CET 2009

I've been tied up with other things and not been able to work on it, but I still can't use Mailman to send out posts because inbound traffic doesn't make it back to mailman.   Thus, users register but their verification doesn't get "verified", etc.

When I attempt to send a post to mailman, my GroupWise (8) GWIA sends me an e-mail that completion of the e-mail has been delayed because the  server (Linux) is down, which it isn't.  This message repeats about every fifteen minutes or so.

Since I've not worked with a Linux mail server before, what is the procedure, what software do I need, to send and receive e-mail using the Linux server as a regular user just to make sure mail is coming and going or to see where it might be hanging up?  For install, will Thunderbird work, and, if so, how does it need to be configured?  I realize this is very elementary, but it isn't cooperating like Novell's GroupWise or Microsoft's Exchange server.

Thank you!

Tim
Tim Ferguson
Director of Technology