[Mailman-Users] Bounces and templates

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jul 24 00:54:54 CEST 2009

Oliver Glueck wrote in an HTML only post:

>I get an email-bounce message, because my email was to big.
>This is ok it was a test, but in this bounce-email I can read the URL
>to the mailman-/mailserver to cancel my email.
>
>But if I'm an external list user, I don't have to see this
>internal link. (No forwarding)
>
>How can I remove this URL permanently for all?
>I can't find some words in the templates folder

Your post did not reach the Mailman-Users list because it was a
text/html message and the list's content filtering removed the
text/html part and there was nothing left to post. Set your mail
client to compose/send plain text only or at least to send both plain
text and HTML.

As to your questions, Mailman is designed to do a lot of things via the
web and it intends that the web interface be exposed to all list
members.

If however you don't want to provide the user with this link in this
message, you can make an edited version of the postheld.txt template
as discussed in the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/jYA9>.