[Mailman-Users] How to config sendmail on FC5

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Feb 16 00:38:05 CET 2009

Brad Knowles wrote:

>on 2/15/09 7:00 AM, Daniel.Li said:
>
>> I have read the install guide. But it's really hard for me to understand
>> how to config sendmail, as it's really a short paragraph.
>>
>> Can u please simply give me some steps or tips to config sendmail.
>
>Unfortunately, sendmail is not a part of Mailman.  We can't really
>provide a whole lot of help with it.

That said, configuring sendmail to work with Mailman consists of only
one or two steps.

1) Add the 10 aliases per Mailman list that are reported to you when
you create the list to /etc/aliases

2) If your sendmail uses smrsh, add the appropriate symlink to the
smrsh directory as discussed at
<http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node32.html>.

Also see the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/B4Au>.

Beyond that, there are ways to automate alias generation for sendmail
if you want. See the above FAQ and the one at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/joA9>.