[Mailman-Users] Server skips Mailman - more II

LuKreme kremels at kreme.com
Mon Dec 7 18:57:51 CET 2009

On 7-Dec-2009, at 09:33, alexander at nautae.eti.br wrote:
> I have a contact.enterprise.com subdomain.

Please don't use real (or even potentially real) domains when you are trying to obfuscate your own domains. You have three, and ONLY three choices:

1) Use the real domains. In most cases, this is a good choice as it allow people to do things like check your DNS, your rDNS, etc.

2) Use example.com example.org or example.net

3) use a made up domain ending in a made-up non-existing tld. For example, I would have said

> I have a contract.enterprise.tld subdomain.

tld stands for top-level domain and is not a valid tld. If you go with #3 you have to be POSITIVE that the tld you use is not used, potentially used, or under review to be added. .xxx is a terrible choice for these reasons. .tld .moc .example are all reasonable choices

In the example you gave, enterprise.com is a domain name for Enterprise Rent a Car.

--
I believe you can joke about anything. -- George Carlin