[Mailman-Users] spam gatewayed from Usenet to mail bypasses our spam filters

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Wed Nov 19 04:21:30 CET 2008

    Stephen> In general, there really is a tradeoff here.  Although Skip
    Stephen> seems happy enough, as I guess SpamBayes catches most (all?) of
    Stephen> the spam his system catches.

SpamBayes is one of the things that mail.python.org does for incoming mail.
Based on my own personal filters I suspect it would stop much of what is
currently leaking through to the list from usenet.  Adding a SpamBayes check
to gate-news to score the incoming usenet postings would be pretty trivial.

Skip