[Mailman-Users] public archives not accessible (Forbidden 403)

jewel.brueggeman-makda at washburn.edu jewel.brueggeman-makda at washburn.edu
Fri Nov 14 16:43:59 CET 2008

I have a few lists which are public and they are not accessible, which I
cannot figure out why.  I have several thread which talk about this
exact problem but their solutions have not helped.

Here is what's in my httpd.conf file:
ScriptAlias /mailman/ /usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/
Alias /pipermail/ /usr/local/mailman/archives/public/
<Directory /usr/local/mailman/archives/>
    Options +FollowSymlinks
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Here's is what what my permissions and symlinks are:
lrwxrwxrwx 1 mailman mailman   42 Nov 11 16:18 testlist ->
/usr/local/mailman/archives/private/testlist

Also, I am able to access the archives if I use the following path:
http://lists.washlaw.edu/mailman/private/testlist

Thanks,

Jewel