[Mailman-Users] Mailman Installation - broken pipe / operating system error

I-Ming Chen iming.chen at spja.org
Sun Mar 9 20:03:11 CET 2008

Hi,

I've been trying to figure out this problem and I've seen some mention of it in
past mailing list archives but I still cannot figure it out. I'm getting the
following message in my Logwatch file:

System Error Messages:
   putbody: write error: Broken pipe: 164 Time(s)
   Cannot exec /usr/share/doc/mailman-2.1.9/contrib/mm-handler: Permission
denied: 168 Time(s)

I think this is related to the "operating system error" that I've seen elsewhere
as well but I can't figure it out yet. What's causing these series of errors?

As for mm-handler, it's owned by root.mailman. It used to have permissions 644
which I assume made it unable to run so I altered it to 654. However, the same
error still appears. Any suggestions?

I-Ming Chen