[Mailman-Users] make install failure

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Jun 29 19:57:55 CEST 2008

Vidiot wrote:

>Mark Sapiro:
>
>>'make install' is sufficient. It will do the necessary 'make' actions.
>
>It didn't for me.  It didn't do any of the python stuff until I ran just make.

What Python stuff didn't it do that needed to be done. All a straight
'make' does is compile all the wrappers and compile the various
mailman.po message catalogs into mailman.mo files.

Almost all the Makefiles have null all: targets. The only ones that
don't are those that run make in subdirectories and the ones in src/
and messages/, and those two run the all: target as part of the
install: target.