[Mailman-Users] Connection Refused

Dan Phillips dan at music.memphis.edu
Wed May 30 17:22:04 CEST 2007

On May 30, 2007, at 9:43 AM, Jason Pruim wrote:
>  I think the fix I have to do is to add the
> SMTPPORT and SMTPHOST details in the mm_cfg.py file.
>
> My question is... Exactly how do I edit that file? I tried to edit it
> with pico but that didn't work, all the stuff was scrambled.  Is
> there some trick that I don't know?
>
> Mailman Version 2.1.5
> Operating System: Macintosh OS X Server 10.4.9

There's no trick to it; pico should work just  fine to add those
parameters to mm_cfg.py. In what way is it scrambled? I assume you're
using the default OS X Server installation of Mailman? the only
problems I've had with it is that some configuration settings and the
mailman crontab sometimes get rewritten in OS updates, but I've never
seen anything in mm_cfg.py changed.

Dan