[Mailman-Users] How to configure a list for invitation-only subscriptions?

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Fri May 18 05:42:03 CEST 2007

On 5/17/07, Steve Burling wrote:

>  If you set privacy options->subscribe_policy to either "require approval"
>  or "confirm and approve", then it doesn't matter if other subscription
>  options are available -- unless you approve subscription requests I think
>  that they'll just quietly time out.  Is that not enough?

Unless I'm misunderstanding, the OP doesn't want to have to approve
subscriptions.  He wants to be able to send out invitations, which
would then be confirmed by the subscriber.  But he doesn't want the
subscriber to be able to take any kind of action that would result in
an invitation being sent -- invitations should only be sent as a
result of direct manual action from the List Owner(s) or Moderator(s).

That is a subtle difference, and so far as I know this is not one
that Mailman is currently able to resolve.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0