[Mailman-Users] Hijacking threads and netiquette (was: e: Obscure addresses problem)

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Tue Sep 5 20:14:29 CEST 2006

On 9/5/06, Brad Knowles <brad at stop.mail-abuse.org> wrote:
> At 11:55 AM -0500 2006-09-05, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

> >                                     Okay.  And I've now checked through
> >  the Wizard-driven FAQ and also find nothing relevant.
>
> Did you search for "reauthentication"?  Or "saving my changes"?

No; I searched for "password" and "firefox", I believe.  Obviously
there were a number of entries mentioning passwords, but none about
saving them.

> What did you search for?  Maybe we need to update the subject lines
> or the content of the FAQ Wizard.

I'd suggest making sure "password" is in the index for that FAQ, yes.
If there *is* such a FAQ; you haven't yet exhibited one that has
anything to do with the issue I'm raising.

I don't see where "saving my changes" would come in; definitely not
something I'd search for when the issue is that browsers aren't
recognizing a password field.

> >  Why doesn't Firefox (or other browsers, I think I've seen the same
> >  behavior in Opera) offer me the chance to remember the Administrative
> >  password for my site?
>
> I'm not yet convinced that there is anything here that is not
> answered in the FAQs.

I'm not convinced there's anything about this in the FAQ.

4.65 is not about the issue I'm raising; that's about cookie issues,
whereas my case is that the password field isn't recognized in the
first place.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, <mailto:dd-b at dd-b.net>, <http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>
RKBA: <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>