[Mailman-Users] Sending to Verizon users.

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Jun 28 00:51:36 CEST 2006

Steve Campbell wrote:

>I have almost talked some of our departments into switching to Mailman for a
>few lists they currently maintain from another product. Around here,
>verizon.net is a very popular ISP, so a lot of members use them for email.
>How would I go about requesting a waiver from verizon for some of these
>lists. They only have members who have requested a subscription? Does anyone
>have experience with this?

I don't know that you will even have a problem. Until we hear from the
OP as to the resolution of that issue, we don't know that this is a
systemic Verizon/Mailman issue. It could be, but it could also be the
sending domain or something else. I know the OP said it only affected
Mailman mail at his site, but we don't know that list mail there
doesn't come from a different domain from non list mail for example.

If I were you, I'd set up a small test list with some cooperative
Verizon users on it and see if you have a problem.

If you do have a problem with Verizon accepting your mail, you should
be able to get whitelisted, but I don't know in detail how to go about
it.