[Mailman-Users] Mailman archives

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Jun 21 01:47:06 CEST 2006

Uthra Rao wrote:

> From the admin web page of the list I am able to see the archives but if I
>login to the system and cd to /usr/lib/mailman/archives/public I don't see
>anything. I would like to know  in which directory it is archiving the
>messages?

All archives are created and maintained in the archives/private/
structure only. In addition, lists with public archives have a symlink
from archives/public/listname to archives/private/listname.

Any archive can be accesses via something like
http://example.com/mailman/private/listname/, but this requires
authentication even if the archive is public.

Public archives should be accessible via via something like
http://example.com/pipermail/listname/ (determined by
Defaults.py/mm_cfg.py setting PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL) which requires
something like

Alias /pipermail/ /usr/lib/mailman/archives/public/

in the web server configuration.