[Mailman-Users] Spams directed to list owner.

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 21:03:15 CEST 2006

On 7/11/06, Harold Goldstein <mdbiker at goldray.com> wrote:
>  yes, exactly ... sorry about not being more specific ... i am wondering if
> anyone else has this experience oft he list =-owner being spammed in this
> manner and if there is anyway to guard against it.

I think that the usual anti-spam methods should be used here. E.g.,
spamassassin integrated with your MTA.

The bottom line in this case is that Mailman is functioning correctly
(it's forwarding correspondence send from $USER to $LIST-owner to the
people regisetered as $LIST-owner). Your question is more suited to a
general email-related mailing list, or a mailing list dedicate to your
MTA (e.g., sendmail, exim, qmail, etc.)

--
- Patrick Bogen