[Mailman-Users] Goodmail spells doom for mailing lists?

Larry Stone lstone19 at stonejongleux.com
Fri Feb 24 18:36:25 CET 2006

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006, Jonathan Dill wrote:

> One thing that did do is that I started
> receiving e-mail from AOL every time someone reported the mailing as
> "spam" and then I would unsubscribe them from the list.  People sign up
> for the list, confirm their subscription, and then turn around and
> complain about getting e-mail from us, and then when I take them off the
> list, they complain that they should not have been removed, I just don't
> get it.

Same issues (although smaller volume). My policy is real simple - report
the mailing as "spam" and I immediately unsubscribe the perp and ban him
from the mail server. The bounce refers to a web page with instructions on
how to apply for reinstatement after a year. Until then, they're off. I
run the lists as a service to them. I could not care less if they're
subscribers or not.

-- Larry Stone
   lstone19 at stonejongleux.com