[Mailman-Users] Suggestion For Better Way of Doing List Configuration

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Wed Dec 6 18:35:58 CET 2006

At 8:26 AM -0800 12/6/06, Jon Forrest wrote:

>  Given that Mailman is written in Python, my naive impression
>  would be that this should be relatively easy to implement.
>  (As my old boss Mike Stonebraker used to say, it's just
>  "a simple matter of software").

Unfortunately, there are people on this list who won't get that
reference.  I didn't get it the first few times I heard it.  I had to
have it explained to me.

For those people, please understand that this is a particularly dry
form of humor, and the word "small" is used in more a cosmological
sense -- as in, anything that exists on this planet is necessarily
small when compared to the size of the entire Universe.

For more information, see <http://catb.org/jargon/html/S/SMOP.html>
and <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMOP>.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad at shub-internet.org>

Trend Micro has announced that they will cancel the stop.mail-abuse.org
mail forwarding service as of 15 November 2006.  If you have an old
e-mail account for me at this domain, please make sure you correct that
with the current address.