[Mailman-Users] Searching for disabled subscribers

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Nov 4 04:33:40 CET 2005

Bob Bergey wrote:

>Is there a way to search (using the Admin Web interface) for all
>subscribers who have been disabled by bounces? I want to remove them
>from one of my lists, but there are a couple of hundred of them and I
>was hoping to avoid scrolling through lists of 30 at a time. Any easy
>ways to do this?

You can script the web interface to do this. There is a script at
<http://starship.python.net/crew/jwt/mailman/#throughtheweb> that
already has an option to list only "no mail" members, but it doesn't
distinguish reason (user, admin, bounce). If you know a little python,
it shouldn't be too hard to modify it to list the "by bounces" only.

Other than that, there's no way to list them from the web interface,
but as long as the normal cron jobs are running (cron/disabled in
particular, and you can also run it manually), any dead addresses will
be automatically deleted after a number of days equal to the product
of bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings and
bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings_interval following their initial
disable. You can set bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings to zero if you
want them unsubscribed immediately (i.e., the next time cron/disabled
runs).