[Mailman-Users] Backup

Staven Bruce Staven.Bruce at valleyair.org
Tue May 3 20:02:27 CEST 2005

I know this topic pops up fairly regularly, however I was unable to find an
answer to my specific question going through the archives and the FAQ's. I
want to create a script that will output to a file a list of all subscribers
e-mail addresses,  the list they subscribe to, and their associated
password. However, the issues I have run into are as follows:

-- The standard script that requires nmh at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.006.htp> uses
the /var/lib/mailman directory which does not exist in my installation of
Mailman 2.1.5 on Red Hat Enterprise 3.0.

-- I can get list membership addresses using the
/var/mailman/bin/list_members script, however I have to specifcy each list
individually and I can not receive the password. In addition, I would have
to change the script everytime a new list was created.

Does anyone have any suggestions on scripting this functionality?