[Mailman-Users] No admin/moderator emails being sent

Kris Vassallo kris at linuxcertified.com
Wed Jun 15 02:23:01 CEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 16:46, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> >Just an update, I sent mail to announce-owner at xxx.com and I have
> >successfully received the message, so from my understanding, the alias
> >is not messed up.
>
> I replied before I saw this. OK, the announce-owner at xxx.com address
> works at least for external mail. You didn't say, but I guess from
> absence of complaint that non-held messages and approved messages
> actually get sent to the list.

Approved messages hit the list with no problem. Also things such as
notifications that people subscribed to the list and list creations
generate emails to the owner just fine.

> Is VirginRunner running? (try 'ps -fwu mailman' or whatever your
> mailman user is). Check Mailman's qrunner log.

Yup sure is.

#ps -fwu mailman
--snip--

mailman  21068 21058  0 15:05 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/python
/var/mailman/bin/qrunner --runner=VirginRunner:0:1 -s

--snip--

As for the log, the last thing I see in there is
Jun 14 15:05:01 2005 (21068) VirginRunner qrunner started.
So I watched the log and then sent a message, nothing shows up in the
log, I don't know if something is supposed to or not.

Thanks,
Kris